You’ve just had your shiny new Paint Protection Film applied so you’re going to want to look at what products you should and shouldn’t use on it. In order to maintain the best possible finish and the longevity of the protective layer, it’s important to follow certain dos and don’ts to ensure that the film remains in good condition and provides effective protection.
Here are a few tips when it comes to helping maintain the look and protection of the film:
- Select a pH-neutral wash soap specifically designed for automotive use. These products are formulated to be gentle on PPF and maintain its protective properties.
- Be sure to follow the manufacturer’s recommendations, both when it comes to the PPF itself and when it comes to the products you use.
- When washing, use a soft microfibre cloth or sponge to avoid scratching or damaging the film.
- After washing, ensure a thorough rinse with clean, plain water to eliminate any soap residue.
- Use a clean microfibre cloth to gently dry the PPF after rinsing, avoiding abrasive towels or drying methods that may cause damage.
- To enhance the longevity and appearance of the PPF, consider applying a protective sealant or wax specifically designed for use on Paint Protection Film. These products offer additional protection against UV rays and environmental contaminants.
- Steer clear of abrasive cleaners, strong solvents, or harsh chemicals that can degrade the PPF, cause discolouration, or strip away its protective properties.
- Do not use brushes or scrubbing pads as they can create scratches or swirl marks on the surface of the Paint Protection Film.
- When cleaning the vehicle, use gentle, circular motions and avoid applying excessive pressure.
- Do not use automatic car washes. It’s the two-bucket hand wash method only, or bring it back to us and we’ll get you sorted!
- Promptly address spills or contaminants. If any spills or contaminants, such as bird droppings or tree sap, come into contact with the PPF, remove them promptly. Allowing them to sit for extended periods can lead to staining or damage.
If you have any questions at all regarding Paint Protection Film, whether it be about installation, maintenance or anything in between, contact our specialist team now on RMA CAR CARE - 04 597 3077